Monday, February 4, 2013
For a student athlete Monday morning is always the roughest. Last night I was finishing up homework with a significant other. The good company kept me up until almost four in the morning. I had to turn around and wake up at 6:25 for study tables and then class right after. Walking into the football stadium so early makes the weak wonder if it is worth it. Right when those thoughts start to creep into my head, I hear bumping music in the weight room. It's the senior leaders from last year, still putting in work, at six in the morning. Instantly you realize what it takes to be great. Instantly, you are willing to put in work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like how you wrote about Monday morning. It is often that way, isn't it? There is something about the music, the gym, the folks there that make you grit your teeth and jump right in.
ReplyDeleteThis is so true. It's all worth it in the end :)
ReplyDeletei know how the late nights go...
ReplyDeletesports are the reason i like school! haha
ReplyDelete